UT Otolaryngology: Case Study
UT Otolaryngology is the ear, nose, and throat department of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Located in Memphis,UT Otolaryngology provides cutting-edge treatment ENT patients across the Mid-South.
While UTO's department had an academic site, there was no clinical website for prospective patients. UTO's doctors are world class, their facilities top notch, and their techniques state of the art. Our goal was to:
Improve the brand visibility of UT Otolaryngology's clinical practice in the Mid-South region to increase customer acquisition by building a clinical website that clearly conveys the expertise and capabilities of UTO's doctors as providers of world-class treatment right in your hometown.
We begin every project with a conversation. Talking with Dr. Sanjeet Rangarajan, a strategy took shape:
Brand Style: We envisioned a clean, professional, but stylish aesthetic incorporating UTHSC's existing colors.
Brand UX: We prioritized a simple and intuitive site organization. Our design built the site around two parallel tracks: a) Search By Issue or b) Search By Provider. No matter the patient, they'll always be able to find what or whom they're looking for and how to make an appointment.
Brand Message & Positioning: We needed to get the message out that UT Otolaryngology boasts a decorated group of physicians working at the top of their field. We created “World Class Treatment In Your Hometown” to convey the right message to right audience.
Our Technology Stack:
- WordPress: content management system.
- Yoast: SEO integration.
- Divi: theme.
- Hosting: WP Engine web hosting.
- Domain: GoDaddy's domain registry.
Start Smart Now defines success by 1) client satisfaction and 2) data-driven results. Our goal was to pair stylish design with a professional, intuitive browsing experience.
Follow the browser's experience:
- The Home page offeres two paths for navigation: 1) Search By Issue or 2) Search by Provider.
- If you select a Provider, their page spotlights: 1) their background and accolades, what they treat, and where they practice. All sections have a Contact button for the patient to make an appointment.
- Each provider's page includes patient testimonials and a slider with recent news and media.
- The information on each Provider's page links to the issues they treat, leading the browser to our individual Issues pages.
- Both paths of the site include the primary location where the patient would make an appointment.
“Our department contracted with Start Smart Now and developer Chris Milam to build a new website for our academic medical practice. Our needs were specific, and to complete the project, we needed to collect information, media, and other content from 10+ busy physicians. At the outset, Chris took plenty of time to meet with us to understand our needs and expectations. He developed a comprehensive and detailed plan and timeline so that we knew what to expect during the build. He kept in frequent contact with us, allowing us to test various components of the site and sign off on content as it was integrated into the site’s framework. He frequently adapted his plan and the backend of the site based on our feedback. From a technical and artistic standpoint, we are extremely pleased with the work that Chris performed and anticipate that our site will help improve our visibility and exposure to the community.”
Start Getting Results
Our data-driven approach is the key to our success and yours!