UT Otolaryngology: Case Study
UT Otolaryngology is the ear, nose, and throat department of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Located in Memphis, UT Otolaryngoly provides cutting-edge treatment ENT patients across the Mid-South.
While UTO's department had an academic site, there was no clinical website for prospective patients. UTO's doctors are world class, their facilities top notch, and their techniques state of the art. The goals were 1) to build a clinical website that elegantly tells patients who they are and what they do, and 2) to spotlight that UT Otolaryngology provides world class treatment in your hometown.
We begin every project with a conversation. Talking with Dr. Sanjeet Rangarajan, a design and marketing strategy took shape:
1) We envisioned a clean, professional, but stylish aesthetic incorporating UTHSC's existing colors.
2) We prioritized a simple and intuitive site organization. Our design built the site around two parallel tracks: a) Search By Issue or b) Search By Provider. No matter the patient, they'll always know what–or whom–they're looking for and how to make an appointment.
3) We needed to get the message out: UT Otolaryngology boasts a decorated group of physicians working at the top of their field. As the site's centerpiece, we created the tag “World Class Treatment In Your Hometown.”
Our Technology Stack:
- WordPress: content management system.
- Yoast: SEO integration.
- Divi: theme.
- Hosting: WP Engine web hosting.
- Domain: GoDaddy's domain registry.
Start Smart Now defines success by 1) client satisfaction and 2) data-driven results. Our goal was to pair stylish design with a professional, intuitive browsing experience.
Follow the browser's experience:
- The Home page offeres two paths for navigation: 1) Search By Issue or 2) Search by Provider.
- If you select a Provider, their page spotlights: 1) their background and accolades, what they treat, and where they practice. All sections have a Contact button for the patient to make an appointment.
- Each provider's page includes patient testimonials and a slider with recent news and media.
- The information on each Provider's page links to the issues they treat, leading the browser to our individual Issues pages.
- Both paths of the site include the primary location where the patient would make an appointment.
“Our department contracted with Start Smart Now and developer Chris Milam to build a new website for our academic medical practice. Our needs were specific, and to complete the project, we needed to collect information, media, and other content from 10+ busy physicians. At the outset, Chris took plenty of time to meet with us to understand our needs and expectations. He developed a comprehensive and detailed plan and timeline so that we knew what to expect during the build. He kept in frequent contact with us, allowing us to test various components of the site and sign off on content as it was integrated into the site’s framework. He frequently adapted his plan and the backend of the site based on our feedback. From a technical and artistic standpoint, we are extremely pleased with the work that Chris performed and anticipate that our site will help improve our visibility and exposure to the community.”Sanjeet Rangarajan, M.D.
Nourishment & Evolution
Just as an oak needs water, sunshine, and fertile soil, your brand needs continued nourishment to thrive.
Our website care plans ensure that your business continues to grow, and that we're with you every step of the way.
Weekly updates and security checks guarantee that UTO's site will continue to perform at its best.
SEO: we also built the site with focus keywords targeted for each page. This optimizes GOE's Google ranking and audience reach.
Ready to Get Started?
Stay ahead of the competition with us on your team!